With the variety of products that can be created with dye sublimation, it's not surprising that this industry is rapidly growing in popularity. What is surprising is that so many buyers choose software that's not equipped with the specific capabilities they need to really excel with this technology.
Wasatch has been involved in the dye sub market for years and we have an in-depth understanding of what makes a RIP successful in this type of production environment. If you want to produce high quality dye sublimation output, and make a profit doing it, you've come to the right place!
- Wasatch SoftRIP's exclusive Precision Stochastic Screens™ halftone method and 16-bit color rendering pipeline give you the one-two punch you need for premium output.
- SoftRIP’s Press Curves and Calibration Curves make it easy for users to construct color profiles for processes that suffer from extreme dot gain, such as dye sublimation, and help maximize the benefit of SoftRIP’s 16-bit color rendering pipeline.
- Because of the various factors that affect dye sublimation printing, such as the temperature of the press, the fabric or substrate used, and the amount of pre-press/press time, it's hard to make color profiles that will work for every situation. With SoftRIP, you can produce accurate spot colors even if you don't have a perfect profile! The Color Atlas Generator and the Color Neighborhood Analyzer allow you to dial down a desired color swatch on your target media, then use SoftRIP’s Spot Color Replacement tool to enter RGB values for exact color matching.
- In dye sublimation, every image must be mirrored so it will print correctly after the additional mirroring that happens during the transfer process. With SoftRIP's hot folders, you can print directly to a folder that will automatically mirror, rotate, or resize every file it receives.
- With SoftRIP's Variable Data Printing Option, you can charge a premium price for popular dye sublimation products like sports jerseys, t-shirts, and promotional items by offering them with customization. With the ability to quickly add data fields, assign different graphics to every print, import data, and preview your jobs before sending them to print.
Stair-stepped gradients from other RIPs
Completely cured with SoftRIP's Precision Stochastic Screens