Print Manager Software Downloads
The use of third party software is required for communication between SoftRIP and certain printers.
To download this additional software, choose the appropriate manufacturer from the list below then select the specific printer model that SoftRIP will communicate with. Selecting the printer model will begin downloading the Wasatch approved version of the printer manager software.
When downloading the software, first save the .zip file to your local hard drive. After the file is saved to the computer, locate it and unzip the contents into a new folder. The setup file that is located inside the new folder will need to be ran to begin the installation process. Follow the instructions to complete the software install.
For SoftRIP to communicate with the newly installed print manager software, both SoftRIP and the print manager software need to have administrator privileges. The following describes how to create two Windows shortcuts on the Desktop using the correct settings:
- Creating an administrative shortcut for the printer manager software:
- 1) From the Windows desktop, right-click on the printer manager software shortcut and select Properties.
- 2) Click on the Compatibility tab and in 'Privilege Level' section, check the box for 'Run this program as an administrator'.
- 3) Click OK to save the changes.
- Creating an administrative shortcut for SoftRIP:
- 1) Create a desktop shortcut for SoftRIP.
- 2) Right-click on the SoftRIP desktop shortcut and select Properties.
- 3) Click on the Compatibility tab and in 'Privilege Level' section, check the box for 'Run this program as an administrator'.
- 4) Click OK to save the changes.
Use the newly created desktop shortcuts when launching the software to insure the software is running at the needed administrator level.
NOTE: Printing from SoftRIP will only work properly once the approved printer control software has been installed.